Salman Rushdie often includes description of detail which serves as inference
, allowing the reader to understand each character's demeanour and motivation better. Consider the following examples:
• “Her eyes remained steady, but her hands began to flutter at the edges of the desk” (p.9).
• “He patted the desk quite near the place where her hand rested” (p.8).
Write a description of the interview between Miss Rehana and the bureaucrats. Be sure to include description which infers:
• Miss Rehana's state of mind
• The bureaucrats' attitudes to Miss Rehana
• The bureaucrats attitudes to their job